Generosity doesn’t always come naturally. Teaching children simple, concrete ways to be generous fosters growth of this virtue in everyday life. During this season of Thanksgiving promoting generosity also encourages gratitude.
1. Give each child a dollar and let them give it to the person of their choice.
2. Write a note to the first person that crosses your mind, telling them you were thinking of them.
3. When grocery shopping, buy an extra item of a family favorite to give away.
4. Take your neighbor’s trash can back from the curb.
5. Pay for the next person in line. Afterward, explain to your children why you did it.